This cosy, stone built cottage sleeps 4 and has been sympathetically refurbished to offer a warm and comfortable stay. Guests are kindly requested not to smoke in the cottage.
Just click on any of the images opposite to see larger pictures of the inside of Old School House.
- Large farmhouse style kitchen/dining room with oil fired Rayburn (providing hot water and central heating as well as cooking facilities in the cooler months October to May), modern electric oven and hobs, microwave, fridge/freezer, and automatic washer/dryer.
- Sitting room with wood-burning stove, 32″ flat screen TV with Freeview and DVD player and a good supply of books, maps, games and DVDs.
- Ground floor shower room with radiator and heated towel rail; newly refurbished in 2013 to provide a larger shower cubicle.
- Upstairs one double and one twin bedroom built into the eaves. Both have restricted headroom.
- Travel cot and high chair provided.
- A well-established garden to the front of the cottage and a raised lawn with outdoor seating to the rear. Wrens and swallows frequently nest under the eaves and the field behind the cottage is usually full of sheep. Red squirrels also visit regularly.
- Ample parking
- Covered cycle storage area
- Unlimited logs, electricity, bed-linen and tea towels included in rent. Towels available on request at £5.00 per person.
Sports & Activities
Cycling, mountain biking, water sports, golf, quad biking and horse riding are all available locally and Kielder Forest Park and Water is a must destination for outdoor all enthusiasts ...
Local Walks & Paths
Forest and riverside walks are numerous, with something for all levels of ability. For the energetic, the Pennine Way rises steeply from the cottage door to the summit of Byrness ...
Place to Visit
Northumberland and the Borders are steeped in history to which the many ancient castles, magnificent houses, bastles and Peles (fortified houses) and museums testify. Hadrian's Wall ...